Map Colour and Texture

For the coluring scheme I used the natural colours that appear in and around Great Malvern. I wanted to recreate the natural vibrancy of the trees and the hills in various lighting conditions, so I used a mix of gradients and textures to create a colour scheme that would be suitable for this information board.

To begin with I created some basic shapes of the hills and sky, then applied a simple 2 colour gradient to them.




 

 












 

I then used a photograph of coffee stained paper as a semi-transparent layer in Adobe Photoshop, under the blending options.

Below, is an example of this method where I take a layer and overlay it onto the hill I created earlier. By using this method I can create some really beautiful and interesting effects, which will help blend colour on my map and make it more aesthetically pleasing.


 


 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

Below are the same images but with the texture applied.


 


 









 

Here is a before and after example so all the elements are combined, and can be compared.


 



Comments