Refined ideas

 

From my initial wire frame sketches I created 2 more examples to experiment with when I take this design onto a computer. 
 
 
This design contains all the basic elements needed for an information board, but it is very rigid and grid like. I used a mix of blended colours and borders between the different sections.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
In this drawing I tried to think about the use of a bike and incorporate it into the sign. If I experiment with this further on a computer I may be able to use the shape of the bike more effectively. I also played with the name and potential logo for the bike scheme.










 

 

 

 

 

With this drawing I went back to a more minimal form but with the combination of shapes and colours to form the hills, this also creates an arrow like totem that points the ways for cyclists. I went with a more free form layout without borders to form a clear and concise sign with just the minimal information, similar to Calvert & Kinneir's road signs. 












Comments