Developing Icons

For my final design I decided to use a mix of icons over a stylized map. I found my initial refined ideas were very rigid, and quite boring, despite being completely accurate in terms of the map being displayed true to life. This allowed me to realise that accuracy was less important than key travel moments on the map, and an aesthetic appealing visual.

I collected a list of points of interest around Great Malvern, then created new icons that corresponded to the appropriate place on the map. I wanted them to be symmetrical to each other and geometrically correct.






 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

By applying different colours to these icons, they will be easier to identify on the map. I continued to use any muted shades, apart from green which would form the base of my map. I also made sure that the shade chosen for each pictogram was a contrasting colour shade so that they would stand out and pop on the map.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments